woensdag 3 december 2008

Swiss style























Amsterdam - Zurich - Istanbul, December 3rd. I am on my way to Istanbul flying Swiss so I have to connect through Zurich. This trip is going to take me all day, but it's going to be a good day because I am in business class. I used to fly first and business class all the time in my previous jobs and always loved every minute of it. At one point I was working for a client in Pisa, Italy and I would change my full fare ticket and fly there with as many stops as I could. From those days I remember that my favorite flight was the Swissair flight between Zurich and Milan, just over the alps. They would fly this with a wide-body jet and serve champagne and snacks. Just over 35 minutes with a great view... so much fun. Today I am back at what's now called Swiss and I am having the best time again. Starting in the lounge at Schiphol I decide to not have champagne, since it is only 8 am, but as soon as I am in my business class seat I am having the one-and-ony-drink-made-for-flying. I cant believe I am serve a full meal, which is all fantastic. It also helps that I am the only passenger in 6 rows of business class, talk about privilege. I love Zurich airport, that unlike other airports feels and looks glamorous. The lounge is fantastic and soon I am having more champagne. The flight from Zurich to Istanbul is also empty (at least in business class) and with the view of the fantastic Alps I am served a three course meal with amazing Swiss rose wine. Needless to say that I arrive tipsy, but it was so worth it. Istanbul is in sunset-mode when i arrive and by the time I get to the hotel it is dark. I miss my days of glamor, jet set and travel. During my trip I sms my friend Matt in Sydney who text message me: We love multi-sector business class trips. Well I certainly did today.

Geen opmerkingen: