zondag 10 augustus 2008

Beach Day Index (BDI)





Zandvoort, August 10th, BDI=5. I am introducing the Beach Day Index (BDI) today. It ranges from 1 to 10, 10 being the perfect beach day. This blog is all about beaches and I realize it is impossible to describe a day on the beach and pics also may not tell the whole story. For starters there is wind. Wind is my good beach day enemy. Like today the wind was certainly attractive for the surfers out there, but it was hard to find a spot that was somewhat pleasant despite good temperatures and lots of clear sunshine. Also unlike the Dutch, I don't believe in the ' the hotter it gets, the better it is '. I think that somewhere around 22 degrees it's perfect, after that it becomes too hot... of course depending on humidity. Humidity is no fun anywhere except when you walk from the tropical outdoors into the lobby of a air conditioned 5 star hotel somewhere in Asia. Clearness is definitely a great factor to make a beach day perfect. Then there are crowds. I am not a fan of crowds. What about the social circumstances: a day can be dreary but with the right company, food and drinks, it still can be a great day... Anyway, I will include my sense of the BDI from now with every posting I put on here, and of course I am going to look for that 10! Today was a 5 by the way. Not busy, clear skies with perfect clouds, good temperature... but that damn wind!

Geen opmerkingen: