zaterdag 9 augustus 2008

Summer Dip




Zandvoort, August 9th. It's been a few days since I left a beach impression on here. There's two reasons for that. Dutch summer is in a dip and I am in a dip. To start with me, I was supposed to be in Ibiza this weekend to be there for another 4 or 5 days but decided not to go the day before I was supposed to leave. I have been walking around with a headache and figured out on Friday it may be high blood pressure. That's something that runs in the family. Indeed the blood pressure was high and I figured a few days of rest was better than to be in scorching sun in the top of crazy wild high season in Ibiza. Then about the Dutch summer. On August 1st, there was a weather summary on TV about the whole month of July. I was pretty sure this was the hottest, sunniest and driest July in ages, since I have not spent so much time on the beach as this last July. I was shocked to see that although it was hotter than normal, it had less sunshine and more rain than average... it proves to me once again that the Netherlands has more beach days than you would think, the thing is: Just go to the Beach! Never mind. Today I was at the beach around 9:15 am, and I stayed for a good 5 hours. What a great day and very quiet. Perfect temperature -around 20 degrees- bit windy, very clear day. I even went for a swim, something I hardly ever do here in the Netherlands. The weather forecast is not very good for the coming days, glad I got out there today.

Geen opmerkingen: