zondag 8 februari 2009

Denied Boarding



Ibiza, February 209. I am a travel veteran and know all the tricks in the industry to get the maximum out of the airlines. For entertainment purposes I read websites like Airlinequality.com where people report their nightmare experiences with airlines. Upto today I never let airlines spoil my travel, but this time they wouldnt let me board a flight to Barcelona because my record showed I had booked a resident discount ticket, which I am 100% sure I didn't. Without the booking receipt and minutes to spare before the flight left, I could not do much else than give up and return to Eivissa an book another ticket in some internet cafe. Trying to buy a walk-up ticket at the airport for another flight that day was not going to work out as they wanted me to pay about 10 times as much as I had purchased the origininal ticket for. Today was defenitely one of the most beautiful days on Ibiza so I am glad I was forced to stay. Btw: back at home I found out that the airline did make a mistake and I am trying to get them to refund my expenses. The photo below is about one hour after I was supposed to fly back in Eivissa.

Geen opmerkingen: