zondag 27 juli 2008

Beach Hysteria




Zandvoort, July 24th. While I was in Ibiza for the last couple of days my eye feel on the Dutch newspaper sold there, and it was opening with a big photo, showing some dramatic shot of a family at a camping ground somewhere in the rain in the Netherlands. Obviously the Netherlands was hit by a low pressure weather system while I was in Ibiza, causing it to rain, be cold and windy. On the day I returned to Amsterdam I saw the same dutch news paper announcing (also quite dominant on the frontpage) that summer weather would return to the Netherands in the next few days. Although the Dutch tend to be calm and controlled, the weather really gets them going. So all media was hyping the good weather to be arriving this Thursday, like it was the first good day for the beach this year. Anyone that has been going through my blog knows it has been beach weather since early April. But it definitely was a good day and I was there in the morning a few hours before returning to work that afternoon. For the next few days the Netherlands got its beach weather causing traffic jams, people to get sunstroke, drown, etc. Unfortunately I had to miss these days since I had to work, but I do think it was busy, hot and fun at the beach!

Geen opmerkingen: