zondag 27 juli 2008

Morning stories



Zandvoort, Sunday July 27th. There is a lot to say for a good sunset, but I a more a sunrise type of person. It is too bad this beach is located wrong for sunrises, because it faces west. The great thing with beaches is that they change identity and character with the weather, time of day and season. Being here so early -before 9 am- shows me this super calm, super serene beach. And when you take a minute, you see little 'stories' happen right in front of your face. People sleeping on the beach (overnight?), joggers, dog-walkers, and this group of naked guys take a swim. That certainly was not a usual sight here on the beach. But the cool thing is: it all looks so natural at this early time of day. I love the energy of the beach coming to life. At the time I took this photo's, I was at my favorite beach club, Tyn Akersloot: soft jazz music playing and the smell of baked bacon. Exhilerating! Also, I love this effect where you can't tell where the horizon is and where the sky starts. This morning was such a morning, I took the photo below to show what I mean. Somewhere down my blog is a similar pic -like the one below- that I took in Miami Beach. One of the 'special efffects' of the sea:

Geen opmerkingen: