dinsdag 8 juli 2008

Castelldefels



Castelldefels, July 8th. Another bad connection from Ibiza to Amsterdam, through Barcelona giving me 4 hours to spare. Perfect for a trip to the beach! I had already seen on approach that the beach of Castelldefels is big and empty. Taking the train from Barcelona Airport is easy now that the skywalk to the station is back in service (btw: what changed? It still looks like crap). Despite the fact that the train is getting hugely popular as a way to get from and to the airport, it remains just the same size and only once every half hour. But it's cheap and reliable. Connecting at the first station to take the train South could not have been planned worse. The train leaves as you arrive in the station so you have to wait about 30 minutes both directions. But then it's only 3 or 4 stops or 10 minutes to the beach of Castelldefels. The station is 1 block from the beach and what a surprise: The beach is beautiful. Huge, white, clean and basic. Just the way I like it. It reminded me to the beach in Rio, I don't know why. There are a few kiosks selling cheap food and drinks, like this one, where I had lunch, wine and coffee for just 12 euro's. I spent about one and half hour on the beach before returning to the airport. It felt ike a full beach day, next time I ll plan a connection that is even worse.

Geen opmerkingen: