dinsdag 14 oktober 2008

On the way to Ibiza









Amsterdam - Madrid - Ibiza, October 9th. Today we are going back to Ibiza By now it has been 2 months since I have been there and I am really looking forward going back, hoping I will catch a piece of summer now that fall has fully started in the Netherlands. Getting to Ibiza, I usually take KLM connecting to Air Europa. I buy my tickets in US dollars at NWA, where for a strange reason I continue to save at least 100 dollars per ticket. It seems a few air-tax-items are missing. I expect the possibility to book this KLM ticket through NWA to disappear any moment but I have been taking advantage for at least 3 years of the great deals. What is more disturbing is that the weather forecast for Ibiza has changed from fantastic to horrible. My source, the www.weather.com now predicts rainy days until next week tuesday (the day we are laving) while Amsterdam is expecting sunny and warm days. I am usually lucky with the weather when I travel, but I wish I was more relaxed about it and wouldn't check the forecast sinc it stresses me out. I even considered not going to Ibiza when I saw the forecast. Madrid is still sunny and during our lay-over there we have a glass of wine in the parking lot, enjoying the sun. But the weather changes when we approach Ibiza and we arrive in the rain.

Geen opmerkingen: