vrijdag 17 oktober 2008

About the weather









Ibiza, October 12th. Beach Day Index = 7. Weather forecasts in this region are notoriously pessimistic. Ibiza daily paper has a full page of weather on its second page, and its not good for me to start the day with that page since it predicts rain and clouds all day most of the time. Then you get to the beach and it proves to be a perfectly fine day. Not a clear blue sky, but with good temperatures, no wind and a bit of sunshine, it's fine for a few hours on the beach. I know tht I have become a wetaher freak and I jump from one source to the other in other to make my own predictions. I find www.weather.com the most reliable. The forcast for 10 days and since they are such a reputable source, it is tempting to believe their predictions even if it is 10 days away. This trip everything looked fine, up to about 3 days before we left from amsterdam, then suddenly it all changed to rain rain rain and more rain. So I even considered just to not go to Ibiza, since I hate rain. It only rained on the first day of our trip and Ibiza Locals came with weather facts that are more comforting, such as: 'The sun shines every day on Ibiza', 'if there is wind, it will not rain' and ' there is always a sunny spot on the island'. Indeed those statements were true this trip. I shouldnt get so stressed over the weather, it's osmething ou cant control and besides weather forecasts are not always 100% accurate.

Geen opmerkingen: