zondag 14 september 2008

Last day of summer?











Zandvoort, September, Beach Day Index = 9+. It is half way September and the 'feeling of summer' seems to be gone over here, but not for me -of course- I will continue the beach season until as far into fall as I can. Well today was definitely an exceptional day. After a drop in temperature last night it was only 12 degrees when we got to the beach around 9:30 am. But with a mild easterly wind (usually it is west), it was dry, sunny and very clear. The bottom photo shows the beach resort of The Hague, which is 45 minutes by train away. We started the day with breakfast and had some lunch later, did some playing with the dogs, some walking on the beach, laid down, slept and had got a lot of sun. The temperature must not have gotton oer 18 degrees, but days like this are just fantastic. I wonder if this is the last one like this, I certainly don't hope so.

Geen opmerkingen: