donderdag 4 september 2008

Water Ways










Istanbul September 2. I have always been fascinated by water, rivers and ferry's. I Lived in New York for 6 years and a trip on the Staten Island Ferry was a fun ride for me and so were the connections of Seastreak to Jersey and NY-waterway to Sandy Hook in the summer. New York ferries are nothing compared to the system of connections in Istanbul. The are dozens of routes crossing the rivers and seas around Istanbul. They are cheap, regular and operated with large old ferries that have a lot of atmosphere. The offer seating inside and outside, a cafe and there is a lot to see both on the ferry as well as far the scenery is concerned. This morning I am just crisscrossing the Bosporus having no clue where I end up. A simple map with the connection would be helpful, but is not provided by the operator at its terminals.

Geen opmerkingen: