vrijdag 5 september 2008

Pool, Wine and a Book










Istanbul, September 4th, Pool Day Index = 8. I am feeling fantastic. I love beaches and I love pools, especially those in cities at fantastic hotels. This one is at the Hyatt Regency Istanbul. My flight leaves at 7pm, so I have from noon till about 5 to swim, read, eat, drink and enjoy the ' good life '. I know many of my friends would call me crazy to not go into town, visit historic sites, go shopping, meet people...etc. I am just happy as I can be, not doing a thing.. by myself. And this pool is a beauty, nice landscaping, good & classy sun beds, totally uncrowded, the bar is close and although very expensive (and the glasses are tiny but I dont want to sound like an alcoholic), the white wine is good. I am reading a book on New York life in the 80s. Its about sex, love, drugs, Fire Island and New York lifestyle and gets me totally melancholic. I never know if that is a good feeling or not. But in this setting, I can live with it. In just a few hours I will be cramped into an economy seat on my way to rainy Amsterdam...

Geen opmerkingen: