vrijdag 5 september 2008

Princess Islands










Istanbul, September 4th. Sometime ago someone told me about the 'Princess Islands', a group of small islands to be reached by ferry from Istanbul and a popular weekend destination for those living in Istanbul. This morning I figured out how to get there by ferry from Istanbul. An old styl boat takes you within one and a half hour for less than 1,50 euro's to the group of islands stopping at each before returning. What a fun trip. It was a beuatiful day, about 25 degrees and the sea loked stunning. The boat has a fantastic atmosphere and was pretty much empty. I understand it can get very crowded on weekends. The islands look quaint and I could see some small beaches and beach clubs, the contrast to busy Istanbul is just fantastic. There re no cars and it all feels very serene. I got off at the last island, spend about 20 minutes there and then had to return because I had to check out from the hotel. But this is absolutely a place to come back to and spend a whole day.

Geen opmerkingen: