vrijdag 26 september 2008

People on the Beach




Zandvoort, September 26th, Beach Day Iindex = 9. Taking photo's on the beach I usually avoid to include people in my photo's, actually I feel like a voyeur when including other people and it doesn't feel right. I am not a nature freak, but I just realize that I look for angles and photo opportunities that make it look like I was the only one there. Today was easy to get shots like that, like most of the times I visit the Dutch beach: There was hardly anyone there.
On days like this I take about 250 photos. My camera is always on my neck, I realize I am a bit of freak in that way. While I am typing this it is shortly after 7 am in the morning and after I have downloaded the photo's I can visually go through yesterday with 1 minute intervals. I dont have other obsessive hobbies and since I think something nice comes out of taking so many photos I dont worry so much. But I realize it must be something psychological. What is it? Afraid to let go of the past? Afraid that if I don't capture the day and moments I think I have not fully enjoyed the moment when it happened? True: If I am at the beach and my camera breaks or batteries are empty I feel a bit like: why am I here. That's not right, isn't it. Summer is over soon and that's when I usually also dont feel the desire to take photo's anymore. I'll try to focus a little more on the actual experience...

Geen opmerkingen: