vrijdag 19 september 2008

Winter Fear


Amsterdam, September 18 & 19. I realize this year for the first time that I am suffering from fear for fall and winter. I remember how anxious I was about it becoming spring and how happy I was to discover the first leaves on trees in Amsterdam and now I catch myself searching the trees for colored leaves and try to discover a change in light when the sun sets. Although most of my fellow Amsterdammers have already widely accepted summer is over, dress up in winter appearal and think I am insane suggesting it may be a good day for the beach tomorrow, I feel an uneasyness about the approaching fall. But it's like hoping for the sun to not set today, eventually it is going to happen, but please let it stay mild and like spring until October, that's all I am asking for. Instead I should enjoy while the springlike weather lasts in Amsterdam and not worry to much... Yeah that's what I am doing... and tomorrow I am going to wear shorts and a tank top and go to the beach!

Geen opmerkingen: