woensdag 10 september 2008

September day






Zandvoort, September 10th Beah Day Index = 8. It's Wednesday and this is now my weekly day off. I thought it could be an acceptable day and it actually turned out to be the most pleasant and great day and I spent from 10 to 5 on the beach. It went from windy to sunny to hot to a little cloudy and back to sunny and warm and it was nice and quiet all day. I also talked to former owner Tyn Akersloot whose name is on the beach club, but I understand he retired some time ago although he is still around most days. Hearing the background, history, possibilities and impossibilities (and some gossips) from someone involved in running a beach club in the Netherlands for so long is no less than fascinating. The history of my favorite beach club is certainly inspiring and makes me somewhat melancholic hearing that the 'Amsterdam-beach-scene' is less 'fabulous' than it used to be. It's no secret than I am the biggest fan of Zandvoort's beach and Tyn Akersloot beach club, but I understand that the scene a was more like Ibiza or the South of France a decade ago. What happened? The beach is so fantastic on days like this, I personally can not imagine a place I'd rather be than here. I continue to think that within a few years we are all going to spend so much more time on the beach. With stress, drama and chaos in our lives, being on the beach give so much rest, relaxation and peace. I have more or less adopted the schedule of 'escaping' to the beach whenever I can and I can certainly recommend it to whoever lives in the Amsterdam area.

Geen opmerkingen: