vrijdag 19 september 2008

Sunny September Day











Zandvoort, 19 September, Beach day Index = 8. It's Friday and I am off. Madon, the dogs and me are on the beach. arriving early and spending most of the day here. The day starts with no wind and a serene atmosphere, perfect for breakfast, the paper and nothing else. In the afternoon it breaks completely open and we enjoy a springlike atmosphere, I think it is no hotter than 18 degrees. Of course the beach club is quiet but more disturbing is that the crew has started packing and shockingly tells me it is just one and a half more week until the beach club will be completely gone for winter. I notice that volleyball nets are gone, the beach beds have mostly been stacked ready for transport and half of the bar is emptied out. At a day like this (sunny and warm) I don't want to think about the end of summer. Knowing we have a few more sunny days coming I ll wait with my melancholic retrospect. Today I am just fully enjoying how wonderful it is to have the beach so close, to be there with Madon and leave with a slight buzz from the wine and sun.

Geen opmerkingen: