donderdag 4 september 2008

Swanky







Istanbul, September 3rd, Pool day index = 9+. I have finished my work obligations and moved to the Istanbul Hilton. This hotel opened in 1955 and must have been the most glamorous hotel in the region and it still is. I knew of this hotel but I had never stayed here until now. Its location is fantastic, about 5 minute walk from Taksim square and it is located in a huge private park overlooking the Bosporus. It's best feature is without any doubt the pool. In one word: Swanky. Very old style Hollywood its layout, styling, atmosphere and guests. I love pools and I must say this is one of the best I have come across in a long time. It was quiet, the weather perfect and with a few glasses of wine, a small salad and a good book, I had the most relaxing afternoon in ages. But apart from the pool area, the hotel isn't bad either, my room was dated but so well maintained, I absolutely loved it. My rate included diner (never saw that before) which consisted of the most elaborate buffet I have seen in ages, all served with so much class in a gorgeous restaurant. I used to have this hotel-mania, I loved to travel and stay at the most over the top of hotels, but had not done that in a while. These few days I discovered I still have got that thing for glamor, class and style, I have not had so much fun by myself in a long time.

Geen opmerkingen: